August 05, 2013

Cologne Part 2: A Festival of Medieval Proportions

An easy bus ride out of the city, a ten minute walk down a country road, and Germany was transformed for me into a pre-Renaissance wonderland. Almost half of the spectators were in - very elaborate - costume, but I had done my best and donned my hippie peasant blouse, which did the trick well enough.

This was the first time since I've been abroad that I felt I probably would have had more fun to have someone there with me. As it was, it was still a blast.




A little bit of 'mouse roulette.'






Jousting and things!


I've got a recording of these guys doing Drunken Sailor. They were great.


 I took this picture, thinking to myself, "Oh man, do I ever want one of those..." And then realized about half an hour later, "Meg, you can totally get one of those." So now I have one of those! An unvarnished one.


The little medieval girls dancing was just too cute.


As I was leaving a watched the crowds grow around this great Scottish band. They had three or four drummers at any given time, and of course a bag pipe. Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment