August 14, 2013

Antwerp and Bruges in Photos

It has gradually been dawning on me over the last week or so that what makes Belgium a truly awesome country to behold (and I'm using awesome here in its literal sense: that which inspires awe) is beyond the fact that its every building, landscape and blade of grass is as charming as a baby duck. It's about its moody skies. I've only really endured one truly rainy day here, because Belgium's skies don't seem to like to commit to them on principal. Instead, they roll over cloud after fluffy cloud after grumpy cloud after wispy cloud in a coquettish little parade, imbuing every sight you see with a kind of transience that I never felt in Denmark or Germany. Or Malmo ("No, old chap, I haven't forgotten you").

Antwerp











Imagine doing a little Saturday shopping in a mall like this...





Antwerp's Zomerbar



Imagine commuting to work every day through a station like this...

Bruges












No comments:

Post a Comment