July 27, 2013

Hamburg Part 2: Date Night(s?)

It occurred to me at some point yesterday that this vacation of mine has essentially been me taking myself on wonderful dates every single day.

Yesterday was kind of ridiculous.



I went kayaking on the canals around Alster for several hours and was hopelessly lost the whole time but didn't care because I was kayaking on canals in Hamburg. Then, because I had gotten myself a transit day pass, I picked a random part of town I hadn't seen yet and went there. I was hungry so I grabbed some Chinese food and wandered into a park with this amazing fountain.



I freshened up at the hostel and enjoyed a nice, refreshing wheat beer, and then headed to the theatre to catch a movie. This theatre was super classy and had a lounge to sit in before the movie, and I was early so I ordered a cocktail and sat back, feeling classy. The movie was excellent - though unfortunately dubbed over in German so I missed most of the dialogue.




I am not making this up. When I left the theatre, it had just rained and there were still a few scattered drops here and there, making the mostly empty streets glisten. There was a man not far away playing the accordion as I waited for my bus. Once i got on, throughout the whole ride home, a fireworks show went on outside the windows.

Seriously. Throw in a beautiful man who walks me home and kisses me goodnight gently but confidently and you've got half a Nicholas Sparks movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment