July 22, 2013

A Beer Interlude


I have far more logged in my phone but my patience with blogging on a four inch screen is pretty limited, so here's the first four.
Thisted Thy Økologisk Classic
My first beer on the continent. I stopped at a bar in Nørrebro called Plenum and sat down at the patio overlooking a lovely square and fountain. Bitter with a touch of creaminess. Medium malt flavor but no lingering on the palate. Not bad after a long bike excursion.

Nobelaner Pils
I used this German beer to wash down an undercooked frozen open-faced pizza sub, and I couldn't decide which was more bland. It's a pils, alright. Light, dry, kind of tastes like chalk. But I had it coming - I bought it at the discount grocery down the street. There were a couple others like it but just as uninteresting and not really worth a mention.
Jacobsen Brown
The bar that I and my fellow travelers stopped at was pretty run of the mill. It was called Tapas G, and its high prices were taking advantage of a super central location. We saw a segway tour pass by our patio! Anyway, it was sweet and lightly malty with a bitter finish. Nothing special, but thirst- quenching.
Tido Mørkt Specialbryg
This one was purchased at the nicer grocery I found across the way. Of the four, this one was the best. Well balanced and smooth with a gentle malt finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment